Security and safety vs spoofing and terror. How long before terrorists deliver an unrequested package via drone? Fedex, UPS, USPS have considerable proof of transit from warehouse to doorstep. An anonymous (but prettily painted) drone comes out of nowhere and leaves a multiple pound item on your front lawn with no verifiable source, no truck or human to track, not the slightest guarantee that this package has come from where you think it came from. Why are there no public rubbish bins in London? Why can you not leave your travel cases and packages unattended in any public transit center? I’m no Luddite, I’m just pointing out my first reaction to seeing an unmanned flying device leave a yellow package on my front porch.
December 2, 2013
Amazon’s Prime Air – no thanks
By Anony Mole
This entry was posted on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 4:31 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Alita: Battle Angel – loved it March 16, 2019
- Why so many flavors? March 16, 2019
- Writer’s Log: 2007 The Spiral March 10, 2019
- Point System: keeping score March 3, 2019
- Hummingbird miracle February 24, 2019
- Creation vs Discovery February 16, 2019
- Your ancestors survived February 16, 2019
- Old and poor? Crime pays February 1, 2019
- Rare Earth: more evidence January 27, 2019
- Grave of a child January 6, 2019