Security and safety vs spoofing and terror. How long before terrorists deliver an unrequested package via drone? Fedex, UPS, USPS have considerable proof of transit from warehouse to doorstep. An anonymous (but prettily painted) drone comes out of nowhere and leaves a multiple pound item on your front lawn with no verifiable source, no truck or human to track, not the slightest guarantee that this package has come from where you think it came from. Why are there no public rubbish bins in London? Why can you not leave your travel cases and packages unattended in any public transit center? I’m no Luddite, I’m just pointing out my first reaction to seeing an unmanned flying device leave a yellow package on my front porch.
December 2, 2013
Amazon’s Prime Air – no thanks
By Anony Mole
This entry was posted on Monday, December 2nd, 2013 at 4:31 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Fossil fuel volcano June 19, 2018
- Suicide: the selfish solution June 15, 2018
- Bring ’em back June 14, 2018
- Let the Hell Cat freeze! June 7, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1751 Writing Wrong June 5, 2018
- A bramble vine basket May 30, 2018
- I give you ONE wish May 27, 2018
- Have we met? I love you. May 24, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1734 – If only… May 20, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1732 Neil Gaiman May 18, 2018