Section 1. [Artificial Entities Such as Corporations Do Not Have Constitutional Rights]
The rights protected by the Constitution of the United States are the rights of natural persons only.
Artificial entities established by the laws of any State, the United States, or any foreign state shall have no rights under this Constitution and are subject to regulation by the People, through Federal, State, or local law.
1000 plutocrats at the bottom of the sea?
A good start
If you haven’t watched, you should…
And my brief submission as Ms. Freeland’s anti-plutocrat manifesto:
1) The rise of the financial industry starting in the 1980’s was the plutocracy’s answer to the reduction in manufacturing and general production. They knew what was happening to the country and worked the system to build the most powerful industry on the planet. The likes of GS, MS, JPM, UBS, C, BAC, etc. are all indicative of the power they wield over our government, our economy, and our society. The growth of this industry must be curtailed. Stricter SEC, CFTC, FINRA regulations and stricter Dodd-Frank and Volcker rules, and the return of some version of Glass-Steagall must be enacted.
2) Corporations are too powerful. They have grown so over the last four decades with continuous support from corpgov, globalization and even the SCOTUS. Their power must be constrained. To do so we must eliminate their status as human beings. Corporations are NOT people. The 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution must be enacted.
3) Our government is bought and sold by the plutocracy. This is done through lobbying, sponsoring and donations all directed toward what Taibbi alluded to as re-election infection. This must end. The 29th Amendment to the Constitution must be enacted. The 29th Amendment calls for non-sequential terms for all Congress; in one term, then you’re out. You must sit one term out of both Congress and the lobbyist industry before you may re-enter a congressional election. Three non-consecutive terms max.
The Equalicrat Manifesto:
• Stronger financial regulations.
• Amendment 28: Corporations are not people.
• Amendment 29: Non-sequential term limits for Congress.
• Amendment 30: Campaign contributions limited to one day’s average gross pay, per candidate, per annum, by natural citizens only.
(Equalitocracy – government by the equal)