Question: Is ancient times side-sickness or Appendicitis potentially caused by the grit from the milling of grain? Millstones of old undoubtedly shed part of themselves into the flours that all people would come to eat in the form of breads and gruels. Would these tiny grains of sand, some not so tiny, end up blocking that useless organ the appendix and thereby causing side-sickness?
January 29, 2016
Side sickness – Appendicitis – from millstones?
By Anony Mole
This entry was posted on Friday, January 29th, 2016 at 9:44 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Telling is easy, showing is hard October 22, 2018
- An occupied mind October 14, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1885 Pedalin’ October 10, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1885 Floatin’ October 9, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1884 PBBFH October 8, 2018
- Writer’s Log: 1883 Fog October 7, 2018
- Reading in one’s own accent October 6, 2018
- Back to reading… October 1, 2018
- Old dog: New tricks September 28, 2018
- Adolescent squirrels are spastic September 25, 2018