Where I’m working, we have morning stand-ups: a quick meeting where 10 -/+ of us round the room explaining yesterday’s and today’s tasks. Everyone takes a monthly turn at leading. June is my month. So, first off, I built a spinner to pick who goes first:
Then, I provided a list of topics that each person could volunteer their favorite. Each day a different topic:
- Books, stories, games
- Media star or fictional character – hero, villain or
- Fictional location – in what fictional land would you care to live or visit
- Meme/genre: sci-fi, fantasy, time shift, horror, dystopia, CSI, medical, cops/crime
- A meal or food you’d eat every day for the rest of your life
- Sweet or treat: childhood or now
- Least favorite food
- Haven’t tried but would like to
- Prior vacation spot
- Desired vacation spot
- Live the rest of your life
- Would never travel to, worst placed you’ve lived
- Where would you take the entire team?
- Favorite science meme: fusion, space elevator, Moon/Mars colony, robots, AI, etc.
- Music, do you play an instrument, can you dance, are you in a band?
- Unknown skills (art, maker, cooking, crafts, etc.)
- Pet, childhood memory, hobby, best/worst job
- Bucket list: anything
So far the answers have been fun, strange and entertaining.
(Who knew that some folks don’t like shrimp, sushi, liver & onions, cilantro, bean sprouts? Odd people, these.)